Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blogger-Inspired Mani: Holo Gradient with Stamping

I recently saw this post by The Swatchaholic and was just mesmerized. I knew I had to try to do a mani to pay homage to this amazingness. Now...I will start this off by saying that my stamping skills are next to non-existant, so don't be expecting too much from me! :)

I started off with a base of a-England Tristam. The formula on a-England's polishes is just stellar. If you haven't tried them out yet, you just don't know what you are missing! This could have easily been a 1 coater, but I applied 2 coats out of habit. The holo in a-England's polishes gives them a wonderful glowy quality and they look almost like velvet on your nails.



Next I used this excellent tutorial by The Nailasaurus that makes really simple work of doing gradients. I used a cut up make-up sponge to sponge on the polishes. For this mani, I sponged the two colors on vertically instead of horizontally. For the gradient I used my base color, a-England Tristam, as well as a-England St George. 

Finally, I used and image from the Cheeky Jumbo Plate A and stamped over the gradient with a-England Princess Sabra. The results were very subtle, but lovely (and extremely difficult to photograph!)

Here are the results:



To purchase any of a-England's polishes you can order them directly from a-England's website, which has free international shipping. Be on the look out for excellent sales from time to time. They are also available from Llarowe.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I saw it on The Swatchaholic too and adored it. My A-england polishes are on their way so that I can try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You will absolutely adore the a-England polishes. They are amazing!

      Delete