Wednesday, August 1, 2012

31 Day Polish Challenge Day 1: Red

So I have decided to participate in a 31 day polish challenge after a friend suggested it. I have never done this before, but I hope that it will spur my creativity. Today's challenge was Red, so I chose to use a recent addition to my collection: Smitten Polish Fire and Blood. I am always particularly drawn to polishes like this with a red jelly base and holographic glitters. I now own several including this, Dollish Polish I Wanna Do Bad Things to You, and Pahlish Pianos Filled With Flames. They are all different and gorgeous in their own ways and I always enjoy the holo bits in the jelly. It makes the polishes really glowy.

Fire and Blood would be completely fine on its own at two coats, but I did choose to layer it over 1 coat of Essie Jelly Apple. I find laying down a coat of creme or jelly under glitter polishes helps me with application and clean-up, so I tend to do that even when glitter polishes don't necessarily need a base color (just a personal preference). The formula was great and the glitter applied smoothly and evenly. I did use a coat of Gelous and 1 coat of quick dry top coat on top to give it a glassy finish.

This is 2 coats of Smitten Polish Fire and Blood over 1 coat of Essie Jelly Apple







Smitten Polish is available at the creator Noelie's Etsy shope here. For information and updates on shop openings and her polishes, follow Noelie's Blog here. She has a lot of great polishes and I have a few more that I hope to wear soon!

Here is the 31 Day Challenge if anyone wants to follow along. Take a look at the amazing manis that Let Them Have Polish created following this here. I remember seeing all of her manis as she was posting and I was just blown away by them. A lot of the nail art will be unfamiliar territory for me, but I will give it my best shot!



Have any of you done this or something similar before? I think it will be a blast!! Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment