Monday, October 8, 2012

Flakie Gradient

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I was super busy last week and then I went out of town this weekend. I'm hoping to catch up with posts this week. Today I have a mani that I actually did a little while back and never shared with you guys. I was inspired by the lovely Jamie from The Posh Polish to do a flakie gradient.

For this gradient, I started out with a purple shimmer polish from Barry M called Vivid Purple. Then I dabbed Finger Paints Asylum on the tips with the brush, using 2-3 coats towards the very tips for a denser look. I find the Finger Paints flakies to be a little on the sparse side when it comes to flakies, so you have to really build them up if you want more coverage.

 
  
 
Here is Vivid Purple on its own. It is a pretty polish, but I wouldn't say it is super unique in my collection. But me being a hoarder of purple shimmers, I can't let it go! This is 2 coats.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment