Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snowy Layerings

Wow...I've been doing a lot of blue lately, huh? I guess it is the blue withdrawals during Christmas. I wanted to do a mani that looks like glistening snow, so I decided to layer two glitter polishes together to get this effect. I started off with a base of Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, a light blue creme. Next I layered on 1 coat of Darling Diva Polish The Big "O", which is a clear base packed with every kind of disco glitter under the sun. It is awesome...and would look good over ANYTHING! Finally I layered on 1 coat of Lynnderella Love, Lace, and Lilacs for the "snowy" effect. I loved this mani so much! I reminded me of Femme Fatale Shimmering Snowcap and Lynnderella Ice the Snowcake (those polishes inspired me). The disco glitters were so sparkly in real life.

 
 
 
 
 
 
And here is Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream by itself. I'm beginning to love Barry M cremes almost as much as Illamasquas. They have dreamy, usually once coater formulas.
 
 
 
 
 
So how did I do? Do you think I even got close to my inspiration polishes? I'm trying to resist buying "all the things" and if I think I can come close to something (or at least close enough to squash a lemming) with things that I already own, then I will just layer it and not purchase. Thanks for looking everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment