Sunday, April 21, 2013

Candeo Mallard

In continuing with my older untrieds challenge, I have Candeo Mallard. I remember exactly why I HAD to have Mallard...it was this swatch by Steffels (I miss her so much!). I pretty much ordered it immediately and it has sat in my untrieds ever since. This is from Candeo's original line so it has been around for a long time. For my mani I layered 1 coat over OPI Planks a Lot. This is one of those polishes that looks a bit unimpressive in the bottle but has some magic once it is layered over a base color. The shimmering holographic glitter base is really gorgeous and the bits of green and purple glitter throughout are perfect. It is definitely one of the more subtle indie glitters, but it really is a nice change of pace from the chunkier glitters.




Candeo Colors are available from their website as well as from Llarowe. I don't see Mallard stocked in either shop so it may be discontinued now, but I'm not sure. Thanks for looking everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous on you! I also bought this immediately after Steffles post and have never worn it. I miss her too, though I will be honest and say my wallet is glad she is hibernating! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty combination; the green and purple look great together.

    I miss Steffels too - but now she's not around I'm not constantly tempted to cut my nails short every time I look at her pictures!

    ReplyDelete