Saturday, June 29, 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: Nars Soho

Hi everyone! It's time for another Purple Shimmer Sunday! Be sure to check out what The Polish Haven and Pied Polish Piper have in store for this week!

Today's purple shimmer was a bit of a disappointment. I had heard that Nars Soho was a letdown for a lot of people because it looks pretty awesome in the bottle but it doesn't translate well to the nail. I found it on a blog sale for cheap, so I figured it was worth a try. It is a deep, plum jelly with scattered red and blue shimmer throughout. The shimmer is quite sparse and is quite hidden in most lights.





So I did what I always do when things disappoint...I did some layering. I layered on a franken from by buddy CapaXildebrand, called Word Vomit, which is a multicolored either microglitter or shimmer. If it is glitter, it is really fine and smooth. It was hard to capture on film, but it is a stunner in real life!




So yeah...Nars Soho gets a big fat meh from me. It was a limited edition polish and has been discontinued for some time...but it isn't worth worrying over if you don't have it. Here's to hoping that next weeks purple shimmer will knock my socks off! Thanks for looking everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks that Soho was disappointing for you. Word Vomit looks lovely on top though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bummer that it wasn't what you expected :( I do love that franken over it though!

    ReplyDelete