Friday, July 12, 2013

My Favorite Metal Shades (Silver, Gold, Copper, Bronze)

No, I do not necessarily mean metallic polishes, but I do mean metallic colors. I actually have a lot more of these in my collection than I am showing here, but I usually use them as accents and such.


China Glaze Champagne Kisses AND 2030. Champagne Kisses is a lovely glitter that is nice and neutral (not too yellow gold) and it has a hint of glowy holo. 2030 is the perfect gold for stamping. PERFECT.


China Glaze Glistening Snow. A fantastic, full coverage silver glitter with holo. This is an amazing (ha!) iPhone picture of it, but at least you can see all of the holoooo!!


China Glaze Fairy Dust (1 coat over OPI Don't Touch My Tutu). If you want to make anything better...add Fairy Dust. It should be a staple in everyone's stash. Tiny, sparse holo glittery goodness. 



China Glaze Millennium. The perfect silver stamping polish. Look how crisp the images are!



Sephora by OPI It's Real Gold Topcoat (Over Love Thy Polish Royalty). Real bits of gold for your mani. Count me in! I love the finer, denser nature of this polish compared to OPI The Man with the Golden Gun (but it is nice too...this one is just my favorite so I will only include it here). 



Enchanted Polish Austin Powers. Gold holo + glitter magic. This polish is groovy baby... *cheese*



CrowsToes Maxxed Out. The ultimate silver and gold glitterbomb. Bling to the max!


Jessica Disco Diva. In the fight for silver holo supremacy in my stash, I keep going back to this one. I love Layla Mercury Twilight too, but this one speaks to me more.




OPI Standing Room Only Silver. Another awesome silver holo, and it ranks as my second favorite silver holo. I also adore OPI DS Shimmer with all of my heart and I KNOW that it is a silver holo, but I always wear it as a topper...so it will be discussed in another post. *iz crazy and weird how I classify things*


OPI Paris Couture for Sure. This is a little sheer on it's own, and I usually layer it over another silver holo or foil and then it looks opaque. Here I chose to layer 2 coats over Illamasqua Raindrops. It is very blingy and holo in person. And it is NOT A GLITTER. I have seen that written in some places, but it is, in fact, holo shards like the ones in the China Glaze Kaleidoscope collection so it is very smoooooth.




CrowsToes Her Goose Got Cooked (over Jessica Pumpkin Delight). This polish is very blingy as well (as most CrowsToes are) and it has all sorts of metal shades going on. Perfect for fall.


Jessica Pumpkin Delight. This polish is so GOOD. In real life it is a stunner (my pics do it no justice.). 



Fingerpaints Fall of Surprises (with Chanel Pirate). A wonderful copper glitter topper. 


SpaRitual Sacred Ground. I would describe this polish as pewter with gold, blue, and purple shimmer. It is a lovely, lovely shade. A must have from SpaRitual.


a-England Princess Sabra. I really love this shade of gold. It is super flattering on my skintone and the subtle holo effect is very glowy. 


HARE Polish Dauphine of Decadence (tips). This polish is packed with gold glitter and shimmer. The sparse minty glitters are a lovely combination with the gold. 


Color Club Cosmic Fate. This is a copper holo that I was worried would look ghastly on me. It ended up being one of my absolute favorites! 


Color Club Kismet. Yet another polish I was on the fence about and ended up loving! I think with me and golds, if it works it works, and if it doesn't...it is TERRIBLE. This one just works. 


Paul and Joe Confetti (over Illamasqua Nomad). This glitter topper has gold glitter as well as a plethora of tiny disco glitters. 



Essie As Gold as it Gets (1 coat over Zoya Imperial Russia). This is a subtle flakie gold topper, but it really adds a bit of pizzazz.


Pahlish Sunlight Shooting Through Pine Trees (1 coat over Orly Lucky Duck). Another golden flakie topper.



Zoya Peterhof Palace (aka Ziv). Yes, they are the same polish with 2 different names. Either way, this lovely gold foil is the perfect shade of gold and very sparkly.

Lynnderella Golden Rules (1 dabbed coat over Essie No More Film). This is a crazy gold glitter topper that I prefer in jelly sandwiches. And surprisingly no, its silver sister Shapeshifter did not make my list. I have had it for ages and it is still untried! I need to remedy that...


There are still several more of these posts in the works! One day I will be done with them all! In the mean time, I hope you guys are enjoying them! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! so many of my faves here too. PCFS & Austin Powers ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yes, 2030 & Millenium are the perfect gold & silver stampers.

      Delete