Monday, February 17, 2014

Nail Art Featuring Girly Bits and Nail Vinyls

Hi everyone! Today I have two amazing Girly Bits polishes to show you as well as my first adventure with Nail Vinyls. If you haven't heard about Nail Vinyls, they are pre-cut vinyl stickers that can be used to make different nail designs. Take a look in their shop for all of the designs that are offered to get an idea of what all can be done with them. Also, there is a very detailed guide on how to use Nail Vinyls in their FAQs.

For this mani, I used the original chevron design. I started with a base of Girly Bits What the Deuce? and let it dry completely. Then I placed 2 of the chevron Nail Vinyls across both my middle and ring finger nails and applied Girly Bits Ho-Ho-Hope. I used tweezers to pull off the Nail Vinyls while the polish was still wet and viola, awesome chevron nails! You want to let the polish dry completely before adding topcoat to avoid smearing. To finish off my mani, I used my dotting tool to place random large and small dots on all of my other nails for a fun look. Everyone keeps telling me my nails look like Easter eggs, and I guess I can see that. I'm definitely going to do a similar look in pastels for Easter.



Here is What the Deuce? on its own. It is SO AWESOME!! I've been wanting this polish for ages and I'm so glad I finally ordered it. The color is so bright and fun. Formula is amazing (perfect in 2 coats) and the subtle glowing holographic effect is gorgeous.



And here is Ho-Ho-Hope on its own. It is described as a violet/magenta holo and it definitely toes the line between pink and purple. I would say it is a tiny bit more pink in real life than it wants to appear in pictures. The color is rich and beautiful though.  Formula was fantastic just like What the Deuce? on this one. I used 2 coats of Ho-Ho-Hope for my swatch here.



You can purchase Nail Vinyls in their StoreEnvy shop. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and follow @teismom on Instagram for updates on shop restocks and new design releases.

Girly Bits Cosmetics' polishes are available from creator Pam's online shop as well as from 
e-tailers around the world including: Llarowe (US), Overall Beauty (US), Mei Mei's Signatures (Singapore),Harlow and Co. (Canada), Femme Fatale Cosmetics (Australia), Foxy Fingertips (Denmark), and Maria Gastadeira (Brazil). Be sure to follow Girly Bits on Facebook and Instagram for news about restocks and new collections. Thanks for looking everyone!

*Products purchased by me*

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors together and the chevron design! Great manicure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously loving these together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, even before I read your post I also thought to myself that this design looks like Easter eggs!! The green is not my color but I LOVE this purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colours together!!

    ReplyDelete