Wednesday, March 18, 2015

L'Oreal Masked Affair

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! I promise I have some new collection things coming this week, but I took a brief swatching break due to a break in one of my nails. I'm going to commence swatching new things tonight, so I'm hoping to have a new collection preview for you tomorrow!

For now...it's yet another L'Oreal Masked Affair post! About a month or so ago there were a slew of posts about this polish so I held off on mine, but I hope I haven't waited too long! It seemed like, at the time, that L'Oreal didn't have very good distribution of this particular collection, so I hope by now it has made its way to your local shops and you have been able to snag it if you were on the hunt. If you do happen to see it and you are even a little unsure about it, pick it up! It doesn't look like much in the bottle, but on the nail it really packs a punch!

L'Oreal Masked Affair is a grey/lilac tinged silver holo with scattered holo flake pieces. I've heard all sorts of horror stories about the formula, but it applied really well for me (it seems to be hit or miss). This is the sort of holo formula that is quick drying, so I found it best to work quickly and sort of float the polish on over the nail without applying a lot of pressure. Using this method from the start, I didn't have any issues with pulling or dragging. Light touch is key! I used 3 light coats for this mani. When I first heard about it, I thought "another silver holo...yeah...THAT'S what I need", but it isn't your typical silver holo. The slight lilac lean of it and its ability to really pull out the entire spectrum of the rainbow make it really special as well as the addition of the holo flake bits which give it some sparkle.






Here in this shaded pic you can really see the holo flakes! They are one of my favorite pigments...they add so much depth to anything they are added to! These are like the flakes that were in the Milani 3D Holographics or China Glaze Kaleidoscope Collection.


I actually got the most ridiculous, rainbowy picture of it with my iPhone at a different time of the day. I swear, this is not retouched or enhanced in any way, it is was just snapped, cropped, and watermarked. Now it DEFINITELY does not look like this in most lights, but if the sun hits it just right, it sends rainbows all across your nails!


L'Oreal Masked Affair is from their LE Dark Sides of Grey Collection that was released earlier this year. I found mine at Rite Aid, but I have seen displays at Walgreens and Ulta as well. I wish you all the best of luck in tracking it down if you want it! I've seen a good many of them being sold of the secondary market, so you can likely find it there as well.

So what do you think of Masked Affair? Did you give into the initial hype and track it down? Are you still on the hunt for it? If you have it...did you have application issues or did it work well for you? Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment